KUWAIT: The Ministry of Health (MoH) formed a special committee to investigate the huge fire that broke out Friday in a building under construction in Sabah health zone and determine the cause of the fire pending taking legal action against whoever caused it. MoH stressed that the building is still in the custody of the construction contractor, Al-Rai reported yesterday.
Up to 300 firemen battled the huge fire that erupted at the parking lot of a building under construction in the Sabah health zone, Kuwait Fire Service Directorate (KFSD) had said on Saturday. The department reported that 55 of the fire fighters suffered from severe exhaustion after they were exposed to the blaze. A thermal camera employed by the department recorded that the heat at the scene hit scorching 322 C degrees.
It indicated in a statement that some floors of the building had been transformed into makeshift warehouses where materials had been stacked randomly with no consideration to safety rules. Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior Anas Al-Saleh had arrived at the scene to follow up closely on the incident.
Separately, Firemen put out a blaze in a carpenter shop located in Amghara on Saturday, Kuwait Fire Service Directorate (KFSD) said. Jahra, Shuhada, Fahaheel, Tahreer and backup fire stations responded to the scene following an emergency call, and worked together to prevent the flames from spreading outside the shop where the fire started. No injuries were reported, and a case was filed for investigations. Meanwhile, KFSD said that a fire broke out in four buses in Mahboula, as Mangaf fire station men contained and put out the flames. No injuries were reported, and an investigation was opened.