For the past few years, I’ve been on a journey of healthy-living and improving my lifestyle and this journey has honestly changed my life. From the food I eat to healthy habits I incorporate into my daily routine, this has all played an important role in enhancing my quality of life. I have gathered my top 5 simple tips that have worked for me to share with you all in this article.
1. Drinking green tea in between meals- Green tea is a great energizer and is great for maintaining your body weight and fat. But, you have to drink it at the right time and you shouldn’t drink excessive amount of it. I find drinking green tea a few hours after either breakfast or lunch gives me the most benefits and it has become an essential part of my daily routine.
2. Changing the way you think about food – Eating consistently throughout the day instead of waiting until I’m hungry which causes me to overeat is something that has helped me maintain a healthy weight as well as keep my body fueled and energetic throughout the day. Also, being creative with my healthy meals and recipes is something that really motivates me and excites me for my next meal. Even when it comes to preparing snacks for the kids, I let myself be creative and have fun with it.
3. Making everything (almost) from home – This is something my family and I love to do. From making our own almond milk to home made chicken nuggets for the kids to at-home facemasks and hair treatments, making as much as we can from home encourages a more natural and healthy way of life for the whole family.
4. Infused water – Infused water is something I personally love because it makes the act of drinking water much more interesting and enjoyable. Buy a cute water bottle and add in a few slices of your favorite fruits or vegetable. Not only will this be Instagram worthy but it’s also a great way to remind you to drink more water. The extra added fruit or a vegetable is also giving your body the vitamins and minerals that it needs throughout the day.
5. Get some sun – Although we live in one of the sunniest countries in the world, so many people in Kuwait suffer with vitamin D deficiency. Because of the heat, we are so used to avoiding the sun that we forget that we actually need it. I try to go outside and spend time in the garden for at least 15 minutes a day and this really puts me in a better mood. Lets not forget that for centuries the sun was used to heal all kinds of diseases and radiate health.
By Yalda Golsharifi