KUWAIT: A fire broke out in the basement of a 10-storey Farwaniya building and was put out by firemen from Farwaniya, Sabhan and back-up centers. More than 200 residents of the building were evacuated, as the basement was used as a carpentry shop and warehouse for furniture and foam material. The fire was brought under control in a short time and kept from spreading elsewhere.
No injuries were reported. Another fire broke out in a house under construction in Zahra and was put out by Sabhan fire center and backed by Mishref center team. The fire started in leftovers and construction material outside the house. Meanwhile, a vehicle caught fire in Jabriya and was responded by Hawally firemen. In another incident, a power generator in Jleeb Al-Shuyoukh caught fire, prompting Jleeb firemen to respond and put out the minor fire quickly.
Water leak A call was received about an abnormal water leak at a building in Abu Halifa. Mangaf fire center went to the building, evacuated all residents and cut the power. Water was found leaking from the 12th floor. Furthermore, a shack made from corrugated galvanized iron was found built in the area in violation of fire safety regulations. An investigation was opened.
Ring Hawally firemen headed to Mubarak hospital in response to an emergency call about a woman with a ring stuck in her finger. Firemen successfully cut the ring off of the Asian woman’s finger.
By Hanan Al-Saadoun