Boy raped, woman killed, teen abducted in spate of crimes

Two suspects arrested • 4 doctors blamed for cadets’ deaths

KUWAIT: A man claiming to be a detective abducted three boys – aged 9 to 11 years – from a playground in Abdullah Al-Mubarak and raped one of them. Amidst outrage on social media, the interior ministry’s relations and security information department confirmed yesterday that police received a call about the kidnappings, adding the suspect was arrested and charged. He admitted to raping one of the children in a toilet.

Police also arrested another suspect hours after a 33-year-old Kuwaiti woman was found dead by her 31-year-old brother in Ardiya. The suspect said he killed her along with others. Police are looking for his accomplices. The body was recovered by the coroner. Later yesterday, a man was rushed to hospital after being stabbed in Jaber Al-Ahmad.

In another incident, a Jordanian man told police his 16-year-old daughter was kidnapped from his car when he went for Friday prayers in Mahboula. The man said he had parked the car with his wife and two daughters inside. He said when he returned to the car, nobody was in it. After a while, his wife and one daughter returned, saying they had gone shopping and had left the other daughter in the car, but she was missing. Police are investigating. The Jordanian foreign ministry later said it is following up the case in coordination with the Jordanian embassy in Kuwait.

Meanwhile, the Kuwait army chief of staff announced yesterday the conclusion of a probe into the recent deaths of non-commissioned officers Mubarak Al-Azmi and Faisal Al-Obaid. The military noted in a statement that the criminal aspect of the case had been shifted to the public prosecution and the public directorate for investigations. Therefore, the panel’s task is now confined to cross examining “the administrative responsibility” in the case, where “responsibility has been restricted to four doctors”. Notably, First Deputy Prime Minister and Defense Minister Sheikh Nasser Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah had ordered the immediate suspension from work of any staff found responsible in the case. – KUNA

By Hanan Al-Saadoun