150 fake companies to be prosecuted: Minister

Minister Hind Al-Subaih

Minister Hind Al-Subaih

KUWAIT: Minister of Social Affairs and Labor Hind Al-Subaih said that a new batch of 150 companies that do not exist on the ground have recently been discovered, adding that labor forces registered under them had ‘leaked’ into the local labor market. Subaih added that the Manpower Public Authority is in the process of taking legal action against those companies in addition to 60 others previously detected, said Subaih, who is also the Minister of State for Planning and Development. “Labor registered under those companies had been granted a two-month grace period starting June 1 until August 1 to legalize their statuses,” she said.

Court rules The Misdemeanor Court yesterday annulled a previous ruling sentencing former parliamentary elections candidate Mohammed Owayyed Al-Mutairi to a year of imprisonment over the slander of former MP Jam’an Al-Harbash on Twitter, and only fined him KD 70.

Official’s wife detained A female citizen was recently referred to the security office at a famous shopping mall in Rai for refusing to be searched by security personnel after claiming to be the wife of a senior police officer, and that she belonged to a well off family.

Hospital ruling overturned The Court of Appeals yesterday annulled a First Instance Court ruling mandating a private hospital to compensate a female citizen with KD 45,000 for alleged medical errors during plastic surgery, which included a nose job. The citizen had sued the hospital because the post-surgery results did not match the features she had ‘ordered.’

By Meshaal Al-Enezi

This article was published on 22/07/2015